Thanksgiving Pumpkin and Sausage Lasagna
- 2 15 oz. cans of pumpkin
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup half and half or light cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 5-6 turkey sausage, veggie sausage or Italian sausage links
- Freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Sea salt to taste
- 9 no-cook whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
In a medium skillet, saute mushrooms, onion and sea salt to taste. Set aside.
In a small bowl, combine ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin, cranberries, cream, sage, nutmeg, pepper (to taste) and sea salt (to taste)
Cover bottom of crock pot with a layer of pumpkin mix.
Top with a layer of noodles. Cover with a thick layer of pumpkin mixture. Add a layer of cheese mixture. Add a layer of mushrooms. Add a layer of sausage.Repeat until there are three layers. Top with the remaining pumpkin mix and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Cook on high in crock pot for 3-4 hours.Serves 6-8.
Serve with a rich, full-bodied white wine, like Nissley Vineyards Topaz Select (for those of you in PA) or Cakebread Chardonnay.
Happy holidays and enjoy!