Hi! I'm glad you found this blog! I no longer blog here, but feel free to look around. If you're interested in following my new blogging journey, please visit me at Into The Glimmer.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Just a little tweak

As always, my brain has been running a million miles a minute and I came up with a few ideas. What? You didn't think I'd actually take a break just because it's the holidays, did you? PSSHT. Never.

In case you may or may not have noticed, there are two changes you should be aware of on my blog. And because I'm nice blog poster person, I'm going to tell you what they are in case you fall into the "may not have noticed" side of the spectrum. And even if you did notice, you might still be wondering wazzup. So...

First- my banner and title. It's no longer just "Blooming Wildflowers." It's now called "The Blooming Wildflowers Project." So, what's that? Well, I'll tell you.

Just in case you didn't click that link, here's the basic idea-
As someone who passionately supports small businesses, handmade artisans and emerging designers, I feel compelled to spread the word and attempt to make a difference.

I love nothing more than walking down a vibrant, bustling street that's lined with independent shops and boutiques. Whether that street is in New York City or in small town America, these shops and boutiques are vital. They help our economy survive and we need to support them and I'm going to start shouting it from the rooftops! Okay, not really. I'm just going to start posting about it on this blog. I'll still remain fashion, art and design focused, but I'll be scouting the web and my town (and towns I visit) for the best indie businesses out there. I do have future plans to promote this project to help spread the word and to allow you, readers, to announce and promote your support of independent businesses and designers (but more on that later...as in next year).

And, second- I just got approved as a publisher for Project Wonderful. YAY! Happy dance, happy dance! Oh. Erm...

Anywho.

I'm a publisher for Project Wonderful, so, all you independent shop owners, Etsy/ArtFire/1000Markets artists, and emerging designers, go, go, go and start advertising here in those pretty little ad spaces to your left.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 

All layouts and designs by J. Christine Kissinger, author of Blooming Wildflowers.