Hi! I'm glad you found this blog! I no longer blog here, but feel free to look around. If you're interested in following my new blogging journey, please visit me at Into The Glimmer.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

{ getting passionate about my blog }


blooming wildflowers by the ocean in san diego, california

I recently snatched up a copy of "52 Weeks of Blogging Your Passion" by the super-talented Tara over at Scoutie Girl (after reading Brandi Girl's blog post about her experience with the e-book, which reminded me that I meant to buy the book, but hadn't gotten around to it yet.) The book is great, and while I'm not sure it's the right approach for my blog, I still think the first task is worth mentioning. That is, to make sure you have a mission statement.

I already had that from when I re-focused, but I'll give it to you again right here:
"The Blooming Wildflowers Project is a socially conscious blog that entertains and inspires with design and lifestyle posts. My goal is to spread the word about emerging and independently owned brands, business, designers and artists, and to inspire my readers to support them."

But, after reading that, I thought it needed a little more, so here's the revised mission statement.
"The Blooming Wildflowers Project is a blog about promoting, supporting and spreading the word about indie design, handmade artists and independently owned brick and mortar shops. It inspires readers to support these independent creative businesses and encourages artists and owners to keep producing and growing. With it, I hope to educate shoppers about the power of buying indie and shopping local, and to help artists and owners by both featuring their items and by offering my own business and marketing tips."
So there. That's it. That's The Blooming Wildflowers Project in a mission statement nutshell. With that said, I still plan to do my regular columns like freshly picked and good stuff. I also plan to bring back a few others from before I re-focused (but spin them with an indie focus), like what to wear. And lastly, I plan (and have been planning) to add some new columns, some featuring local brick and mortars, some with a business and marketing focus for small businesses (after all, that's actually what I do all day long at my day job- why not spread some of that knowledge around?) as well as artist features/interviews, tutorials and giveaways.

So, as you can see, I've got lots of good stuff planned and I really hope you'll stick around, join the conversation and help me in growing our community and spreading the word about your business!

Image source: Me!
blog comments powered by Disqus
 

All layouts and designs by J. Christine Kissinger, author of Blooming Wildflowers.