Hi! I'm glad you found this blog! I no longer blog here, but feel free to look around. If you're interested in following my new blogging journey, please visit me at Into The Glimmer.

Friday, February 26, 2010

TGIF! :: link roundup and other news

Happy Friday, everyone! I hope you all had a good week. Yet another snow storm hit my area today. I attempted to go to work, got about halfway there, nearly landed in a ditch, then promptly turned around and went home. I am so ready for some warmer weather! And speaking of warmer weather, D and I booked our California vacation for the end of March. I'm so excited! We're heading to San Diego and LA. Not that I need any help getting in the mood for California, but I thought I'd post a pic I took during our last trip to San Diego:

boats at shelter island in san diego

I so cannot wait to go back!

And while we're talking about pictures of San Diego, check out my redesigned logo and banner. The images used for the banner were pictures I took in La Jolla Cove of blooming wildflowers by the ocean. I think I like this banner update. What do you think?



Lastly, I thought I'd leave you with some links I'm loving from around the blogosphere and other news sources this week:

SFgirlbybay posted a fabulous post on snow days with lots of pretty white items inspired by winter (very appropriate for my day today).

Tip Junkie has been doing a series called "Connecting with your Community of Readers." This week's article covered tons of tools that are available to bloggers to make it easier to share content and for our readers to find more information.

Scoutie Girl started a new series called "With Love, From Europe"- this week she "visited" Hungary.

The Storque (Etsy's blog) posted "Don't Quit Your Day Job: The Artisan in the Office" , a post about Summer Pierre's book about living a creative life in and out of the office. This one hit home for me since I'm one of those artisans in the office.

Crafting an MBA asked readers "Do your marketing efforts lead to sales?" and recommended the book Inbound Marketing by Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shaw.

Brandi Girl posted about Spoonflower.com, a website that lets you print your own fabric. How cool is that?!

For those of you in the Harrisburg or Lancaster, Pa. area, Handmade in PA posted a roster of upcoming classes about The Business of Craft. Some familiar blogger faces are part of the teaching lineup- these classes look promising!

Have a great weekend!
blog comments powered by Disqus
 

All layouts and designs by J. Christine Kissinger, author of Blooming Wildflowers.