Hi! I'm glad you found this blog! I no longer blog here, but feel free to look around. If you're interested in following my new blogging journey, please visit me at Into The Glimmer.

Monday, March 1, 2010

monday fun :: part 2 - photos

Terrie over at Rainbow Days just tagged me in this photo game... go check out her blog where her picture is of her cute little dog, Bessie!

The rules of this tag are:
1. open your first photo folder
2. scroll to the tenth photo
3. post the photo and the story behind it
4. tag five or more people

So this is my picture:
bus stop in downtown lancaster during the february snow storm

And here's the story behind it:
It doesn't look like much. I just snapped that picture during the last snow storm while D and I were walking Thing 1 and Thing 2. But that snowy bus stop has a lot of meaning for me.

When I was a kid, my beloved grandmother, aka, Nanny (who passed on over a decade ago), used to take me into downtown Lancaster. We would spend the day wandering downtown. We'd visit the shops at Hager Arcade, which back then, had a fabulous art store where she would be me art supplies (I got bit by the artistic bug very early on and she was more than proud to help me develop my skills). We'd go to Central Market and eat rock candy and then we'd have lunch at the Rendezvous in Watt & Shand (because rock candy before lunch was just how we rolled.)*

Then, we'd wait at that bus stop to take the bus home.

So, you see, it doesn't look like much, but to me, the subject of that picture holds some of my fondest childhood memories.

*That old Watt & Shand building is now the Lancaster Convention Center and there's a bar there called The Rendezvous Lounge, which commemorates the building's heritage.

Here's who I'm tagging:
Soapstar
Carried Away
2RavenChicks
Ms. Anomaly
Ciao Hound
Frums Glass Menagerie

I'll be back tomorrow with regular indie blog posts, but as for tonight, I'm way too tired to do anything else (other than drink tea with a extra shot of cold medicine). See you Tuesday!
blog comments powered by Disqus
 

All layouts and designs by J. Christine Kissinger, author of Blooming Wildflowers.