Hi! I'm glad you found this blog! I no longer blog here, but feel free to look around. If you're interested in following my new blogging journey, please visit me at Into The Glimmer.

Friday, July 2, 2010

TGIF link roundup :: cool things going on around town and on the web

It's been a while since I've done a link roundup, but I'm trying to get back into the swing of blogging more often again. So, here we are!

fireworksFade in Fade out fine art photograph by Ablaze

Is everyone ready for the long holiday weekend? I know I am. Mine got started a little early (unexpectedly) because my little Lucy beagle has a tummy virus. We were at the pet emergency clinic at 7 a.m. today. But, as you can see- or maybe you didn't notice, in which case, I'll point it out- I still managed to be productive today while simultaneously tending to the Beags and I made some small changes around here design-wise. In the left column, you'll now find frequent topics, an author bio with a pic of my shining little face and a share the love blog banner (feel free to use it!). In the right column, you'll now find my stay connected icons where you can hook up with The Blooming Wildflowers Project on Twitter and Facebook.

And now, let's get on with our link roundup,shall we?

On the web
Do you love color? Or are you a little intimidated by it and its infinite possibilities? Either way, check out Brandi's How to be a Color Rockstar e-class.

Want to quit your day job to pursue your passion? B.B. Bellezza shared 11 Lessons Learned from Leaving my Day Job.

Scoutie Girl posted about Our Disposable Culture (and how we can fix that). I'm loving this post because it fits my blog's mission and my personal goals exactly.

And lastly, Megan at Crafting an MBA has a great post about How to use Etsy as a launch pad. I piggy-backed off of this post and posted about my own plans over at Moxie/Grace.

Around town- Lancaster, Pa.
It's First Friday and it's a beautiful evening in the city (the past few days have really reminded me of the perfect weather in Southern California). I'm getting ready to head out to the festivities soon.

Happy Friday, everyone!
blog comments powered by Disqus
 

All layouts and designs by J. Christine Kissinger, author of Blooming Wildflowers.