Hi! I'm glad you found this blog! I no longer blog here, but feel free to look around. If you're interested in following my new blogging journey, please visit me at Into The Glimmer.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Read this


A friend over at Fashionism.org reminded me that I need to add Cheap: The high cost of discount couture by Ellen Ruppel Shell to my reading list. This book represents the heart of the idea behind my vision for Blooming Wildflowers, which is essentially, cheap isn't really cheap; it cost someone, somewhere something.

And while I'm recommending reading, I'll add Handmade Nation: The Rise of DIY, Art, Craft and Design by Faythe Levine and Cortney Heimerl to the list as well. Without emerging designers and indie artisans fueling the handmade movement, Blooming Wildflowers would not exist.

I'm sure both of these books will make frequent appearances in my thesis project and business plan. And I'm hoping, they'll make additional appearance on your reading list.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 

All layouts and designs by J. Christine Kissinger, author of Blooming Wildflowers.