Hi! I'm glad you found this blog! I no longer blog here, but feel free to look around. If you're interested in following my new blogging journey, please visit me at Into The Glimmer.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Color love :: pink and brown

I'll admit, I haven't given much thought to this color combo in quite a while. It was my favorite about six or seven years ago until it became all the rage, and then it just seemed like too much. Too much sugary pink. Too much syrupy brown. Kind of like how the first chocolate covered strawberry is a divine slice of heaven but the 10th one makes you regret consuming six through nine. Yeah. It's exactly like that.

But anyway, right now I'm designing bridesmaid jewelry for a pink and brown wedding, and that's sort of forced me to look at this sweet combination with fresh eyes. And you know what? If you want to feel like a girlie-girl, even if it's not your usual style and even if it's for just one evening, there is no better color combination than pink and brown to make you feel oh, so pretty.

color-love-pink-and-brown copy
Left side, top to bottom: Vintage Pink Carnations Necklace by Bethtastic | Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Dress from ModCloth
Right side, top to bottom: Singing Bird Gift Tags by Seasonal Delights | Embroidered Silk Blooms Luxury Clutch Purse by Red Ruby Rose | Soft Skies Fine Art Photograph Print by Monko Photography
blog comments powered by Disqus
 

All layouts and designs by J. Christine Kissinger, author of Blooming Wildflowers.