Hi! I'm glad you found this blog! I no longer blog here, but feel free to look around. If you're interested in following my new blogging journey, please visit me at Into The Glimmer.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

What to wear...to a casual alfresco dinner with friends

I love balmy summer evenings spent with friends on a restaurant patio, savoring good food, good wine and great conversation. My uniform? Breezy, long dresses and simple jewelry, like these stunning handmade, hammered bangles by Lavender Cottage and swingy shell and lampwork earrings from my own Jocelyn Grace line. A minimalist scarf by Beautiful Bridget wards off the late night chill (because evenings with good friends always turn into late nights) and flat, metallic sandals and a FIAZCO handmade silk clutch dress it up, but not too much- this is a casual gathering, afterall.



Smocked empire-waist dress, $59.99 at Gap
Lavender Garden handmade artisan lampwork and shell earrings, $42 from my Jocelyn Grace on 1000 Markets
Gauze Summer Scarf Beige Lightweight Cotton Fabric, $26, handmade by Beautiful Bridget on Etsy
Logan Collection Lined in Chocolate Silk, $65, handmade by FIAZCO on Etsy
Macrame Sandal, $34, by Kimchi Blue at Urban Outfitters
Bright Lights Set of 6 Mini Stacking Bangles, $45, handmade by Lavender Cottage on Etsy
blog comments powered by Disqus
 

All layouts and designs by J. Christine Kissinger, author of Blooming Wildflowers.