Hi! I'm glad you found this blog! I no longer blog here, but feel free to look around. If you're interested in following my new blogging journey, please visit me at Into The Glimmer.

Friday, April 2, 2010

california indie shopping highlights :: Shop Annmarie and Muttropolis

One of my favorite things about traveling (other than spending time outside) is checking out all the great indie boutiques in other cities. And San Diego definitely has some good ones. Here are two of my favorites:

Shop Annmarie
I stumbled upon Shop Annmarie while strolling through Del Mar, a relaxed beach town just north of San Diego. Dave was hungry for pizza, so while he waited for his pesto pizza, I popped next door into this jewel of a shop. It's the perfect blend of beachy and sophisticated, with beautiful jewelry made by the shop owner, Ann Marie D'Ecrole and a great selection of clothing and accessories in a range of price points. And the shop manager was so friendly and helpful.

I could have stayed there for hours and done some serious damage to my budget, but fortunately Dave finished his pizza and came looking for me. But not before I snapped up a minty green dress and a satiny olive jacket from Los Angeles-based indie label, Theme.

Inside the boutique
inside Shop Annmarie D'Ecrole in Del Mar
photos from ShopAnnmarie.com

Brick and mortar location:
207 15th Street Suite B
Del Mar, California 92014



Muttropolis
If you want to spoil your furkids, definitely stop in at Muttropolis. We visited the La Jolla location (Muttropolis also has outposts in Solana Beach and Newport Beach). Again, another super friendly employee helped us with our purchases (which were numerous)- Thing 1 and Thing 2 got a variety of toys, clothes, treats and this dog bed. My dogs are spoiled, spoiled, spoiled!

Muttropolis even has fun events for dogs and their owners. The day we visited they were holding a Puggle/Beagle/Pug Meetup in the evening. It made me sad my little Lucy Beagle missed out on it! Maybe next time...

Outside the La Jolla location and the new dog bed
muttropolis la jolla location and dog bed
photos from Muttropolis.com

La Jolla location:
Downtown La Jolla
7755 Girard Avenue
La Jolla, CA 92037
blog comments powered by Disqus
 

All layouts and designs by J. Christine Kissinger, author of Blooming Wildflowers.